Knowing your Value is an Emotional subject, and when this question is being asked, people often get bewildered as to how to answer .
It’s easy to Identify when you don’t feel Valued, Respected or Appreciated,
but knowing your value is somewhat different.
But what exactly is knowing your value?
Is it having a positive Self-Esteem?
Is it knowing your worth & being able to identify all of your positive qualities?
TBH . I Ain’t Sure .
In my view, knowing your Value & Self-Worth are Inextricably linked.
Self-Worth is defined as “the Sense of one’s own value or worth as a person“
I Reckon that is one part of it,
but the other Aspect is being able to Understand how much of a difference you’ve made in any given Situation with the Contribution you’ve made.
Self-Worth Value #1
– You must believe in & Love yourself.
– Self-Esteem is confidence in one’s own worth or abilities.
– You should be comfortable with who you are, Everything that Makes & Represents you.
– You must be Confident in the work you deliver & your Sense of Professionalism.
– You should love & have a great Relationship with people.
And without positive Self-Esteem it’d be way complicated to know your Worth.
Self-Worth Value #2
BEING CLEAR ABOUT YOUR VALUES
– You must be aware about your boundaries.
– You need to be clear about what actually is an acceptable behaviour, how you like to be treated and spoken to , and you must develop the Courage to speak out whenever Required/Necessary.
– You mustn’t need any External Validation to prove your value , Instead, you must have an Internal Compass of what exactly is Right & Wrong.
Self-Worth Value #3
YOU MUST SEE THYSELF AS A PEER
– In any given Situation, knowing your Value means feeling you’re an “EQUIVALENT BEING” with anyone you interact with :
eg: Clients, Bosses, Colleagues, Friends or Family.
– You aren’t a Supplicant ,
Nor you should feel privileged to be with someone or to work in a particular type of Organisation.
– You must have a Personal Sense of Value , Deservedness and Assert thyself as an “EQUIVALENT BEING” in
Personal, Social & Professional Relationships.
SELF-WORTH VALUE IS EVERYTHING